Risks of Smoking Tobacco and the Rising Popularity of E-Cigarettes
In today’s society, the dangers of tobacco are ever present. Nicotine is what many individuals are addicted to and can cause pain for your family as well as your health. In addition, the dangers of inhaling nicotine or tar into your lungs over a long period of time can cause irreparable damage. But there is an alternative out there in the form of e-cigarettes. In essence electronic cigarettes are growing in popularity as a potentially healthier option to nicotine. But what are the actual dangers of tobacco and how have e-cigarettes become so popular?
Image credit: Joseph.Morris, license Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-ND 2.0)
Image source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/josephmorris/11505951143
Smoking tobacco can become a compulsion if not controlled. The nicotine contained in it is an extremely strong poison and is believed to be;
- One of the most addictive forms of drugs there is available.
- An extremely powerful stimulant that works in exactly the same way as cocaine.
- As addictive as amphetamines
Smoking tobacco can also cause a number of different health risks. This includes the likes of;
- Different types of cancer from lungs and throat to mouth and oesophagus.
- Build up especially in the ear nose and throat regions.
- A potential risk of a stroke.
- Coronary heart disease.
- Vascular disease.
- Premature birth.
- Having a baby that may be low in weight.
A growing trend among those who are especially looking to give up smoking is to invest in e-cigarettes. It usually involves a battery powered atomiser and with thanks to a heating coil warms up the nicotine which can be found at the bottom of the cartridge. As a result, a small liquid vapour is exhaled. It seems that electronic cigarettes don’t contain as many poisonous toxins if you compare it with normal smoking. Furthermore, this tobacco free product is growing in popularity as millions switch to this healthier alternative.
Electronic cigarettes also contain far less carcinogens not to mention toxins. This means that the reproductive toxins are fewer and results in;
- A lesser intake of dangerous chemicals including benzene, lead, and nickel.
- Having that instant nicotine hit but in a short, sharper vaporised form.
- Having the ability to enjoy a wide variety of flavours such as peppermint and even bacon.
At present there are more and more people looking to buy electronic cigarettes as a healthier alternative to tobacco smoking. The vaping liquid does play an important part of the experience which individuals are now seeing as the ideal alternative.