Recipe: Roasted Pepper and Tomato Vegan Meatballs
Looking to join in on the Veganuary hype? Try this recipe out…
Our delicious vegan meatballs in a herby tomato sauce, with roasted red and yellow peppers, will leave your taste buds satisfied. Cook some fusilli pasta and serve with rocket and spinach on the side or, other salad elements. This should make enough for 3 people, or 3 lunches!
- Linda McCartney Vegan Meatballs (can be found in any big supermarket)
- 2 Tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of Tomato Puree
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 220g of Pasta
- Fresh Basil (or dry)
- Mixed Italian Herbs
- Cracked Black Pepper
- A Handful of Rocket and Spinach
- Start by frying the meatballs in a griddle or frying pan until sealed. Then whack into the oven for 10-15 mins at 200°C.
- Whilst meatballs are cooking in the oven, chop peppers in large bitesize chunks and griddle until slightly softened.
- Place a pan of water onto boil and begin to cook your pasta.
- Then place in of tomatoes in a pan and warm up on medium-high heat. Add in peppers and add herbs, pepper to taste. Then stir in the tomato puree.
- Your meatballs should be cooked, place them into the pan of sauce. Turn heat down to low, so the sauce can simmer with the meatballs.
- Once your pasta is cooked, serve it up and place meatballs and sauce on top, served with spinach and rocket on the side.
Bon Appetite, enjoy.