Recipe: Roasted Pepper and Tomato Vegan Meatballs
Looking to join in on the Veganuary hype? Try this recipe containing vegan meatballs
Our delicious vegan meatballs in a herby tomato sauce, with roasted red and yellow peppers, will leave your taste buds and stomach satisfied. Cook some fusilli pasta and serve with rocket and spinach on the side or, other salad elements. This should make enough for 3 people, or 3 lunches!
- Linda McCartney Vegan Meatballs (can be found in any big supermarket)
- 2 Tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of Tomato Puree
- A Yellow Pepper
- A Red Pepper
- 220g of Pasta
- Fresh Basil (or dry)
- Mixed Italian Herbs
- Cracked Black Pepper
- A Handful of Rocket and Spinach
- Start by frying the meatballs in a griddle or frying pan until sealed. Then place into the oven for 10-15 mins at 200°C.
- Whilst the meatballs are cooking in the oven, chop the peppers into large bite size chunks and griddle them until slightly softened.
- Place a pan of water on the hob and bring to the boil to cook your pasta.
- Then place a tin of tomatoes in a pan and warm up on medium-high heat. Add in the peppers, herbs and pepper to taste. Then stir in the tomato puree.
- Once your meatballs are cooked, place them into the pan of sauce. Turn the heat down to low so the sauce can simmer with the meatballs.
- Once your pasta is cooked, serve it up and place the meatballs and sauce on top, served with spinach and rocket on the side.
Bon Appetite, enjoy.
Latest posts by Jordan Chesterman (see all)
- A Guide to Choosing a Indoor Cycling Bike - August 16, 2021
- Halloween 2020 Competition – Win your own In Home Gym Weight Bundle 💪 - October 27, 2020
- Nutrients, Protein and Many Benefits of Salmon Plus, a Gorgeous Tuscan Recipe. - March 10, 2020