One-Skillet Prawn, Chorizo and Chicken Paella Recipe
Who says your fitness recipes and meal prep should be the same standard, rice, chicken and greens? Why not mix it up with a healthy dose of paella. Always packed full of flavour, high in protein and easily versatile for a group dinner, meal prepped lunch. If you don’t like prawns, you can always take them out. Guarantee to have such a great dish!
So give this a try and let us know what you think? Is there anything extra you will add in?
This will make 4 servings.
1 tsp Olive Oil
500g Diced Chicken Breast
75g Chorizo Chopped
200g Paella Rice/Risotto Rice
100g Cooked King Prawns
1/2 Handfuls of Spinach
1 Finely Chopped Onion
4 Finely Chopped Garlic Cloves
Knob of Butter
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Tumeric
A Couple of Cracks of Pepper
750ml Chicken Stock
- Heat the oil in a large pan on high heat.
- Add your chorizo first, cook for 3/4 minutes. Leave the oil in the pan and remove chorizo. Then add in your onions, garlic and chicken. Cook until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and add a knob of butter then the paella rice, turmeric and paprika. Mix through and fry for around 2 minutes
- Add the stock and simmer for 15 minutes and stir often so the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. If it does do not worry.
- Add in your meat, prawns and spinach. Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Squeeze of lemon and simmer for 5 minutes more.
Serve and enjoy!
You could add some fresh steamed greens on the side of this. Even some crusty fresh bread too! Yum!
Looking for free workouts? Check out our Youtube Channel.
Latest posts by Jordan Chesterman (see all)
- Benefits of Salmon. Packed of Protein and a gorgeous Tuscan Recipe. - March 10, 2020
- One-Skillet Prawn, Chorizo and Chicken Paella Recipe - February 28, 2020
- Poached Egg, Smashed Avocado; with Spinach On Toast Recipe - February 14, 2020