6 tips to lose weight and keep you on shape
We are in a continuous circle of losing weight and increasing the pants’ size, eating healthy food and after loads of junk food… We diet for a while and when we see ourselves beautiful and with good figure, we stop dieting and start eating unhealthy food again. I included myself on that group and there is no point of “suffering” while we are on diet to get those extra pounds come off if after we forget all that suffering and start eating sweets, hamburgers, chocolate, etc.
Dieting is thought to make us change our eating habits, so we do not have to diet again and eat mostly every aliment. A few small alterations, such as slightly reduce food portions and choose drinks that are low-fat, sugar and alcohol, can help us lose weight. The only way to lose weight healthily and keep it off is to make permanent changes to the way we eat and exercise. We put on weight when the amount of calories we eat exceeds the amount of calories we burn through normal everyday activities and exercise. Most adults need to eat less and get more active.
An average man needs around 2500 calories a day and an average woman about 2000 calories to maintain his/her weight. These figures can vary according to age and levels of physical activity, among other factors.
There are plenty of ways to make physical activity part of your life. For example, take the stairs instead of the lift, walk to the next bus stop instead of the closest one to your home/work place, put the music that makes you feel “crazy” on and dance it at home, run around your neighbourhood, ride a bike… Regular physical activity will not only help you lose weight but could also reduce your risk of developing a serious illness.
Here are six tips to lose weight and keep you on shape:
- Eat wholemeal bread, brown rice and pasta. They are digested more slowly than the white varieties, so will help you feel full for longer.
- Reduce the amount of fat you eat by drinking semi-skimmed or skimmed milk or eating low-fat yoghurts.
- Do not skip meals! Some people who want to lose weight think that by skipping meals they would lose more weight, but it is a huge mistake. For example, beginning with a healthy breakfast will give you the energy you need to start the day. Here you go some ideas.
- Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables, at least 5 portions a day.
- Keep you hydrated by drinking plenty of water or tea.
- Choose drinks lower in fat and sugars. And remember that alcohol is high in calories, so cutting it down can help you to control your weight.
If you have enjoyed this post, please do share it with your friends and networks.